STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe that…
- There is one God who co-exists as a heavenly Trinity consisting of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is the Son of God, was born on the earth of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death on the cross at Calvary in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven where He is now seated with the Father.
- Jesus Christ will literally return to earth as He has promised in His Word.
- God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide Who lives in every believer.
- The Bible is the Word of God without any error, and is the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man is a special creation of God, made in His image; but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and are in need of salvation.
- Salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his sacrificial death on the cross for our sins.
- Every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity separated from Him in a literal Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity with Him in a literal Heaven.
- Water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ which makes public our profession of faith. Following the scriptural example of the baptism of Jesus, believer’s baptism is in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and follows the salvation experience.
- Each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ, by simply calling on Him in prayer.